Affiliate Membership Information
Requirements For An Organization To Affiliate With The WFO
Any national organization of orthodontists may apply for affiliation with this Federation, providing all the following requirements are met:
- The bylaws of the national organization must comply with this Federation’s bylaws, as determined by the WFO Executive Committee in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The bylaws of the national organization must have a category of full membership that is only available to orthodontists. These orthodontist members must be educationally qualified and recognized to be orthodontists by local governing laws and/or the WFO-affiliated national association’s bylaws. Members of this category must be entitled to all privileges of membership in that organization, including the right to hold office and vote. Unless forbidden by applicable law, only this category of membership may hold office and vote.
- Membership in the national organization must be open to all qualified orthodontists practising or teaching within its geographic jurisdiction.
- The national organization must not be recognized or perceived by the WFO Executive Committee, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be a study club or organization formed to promote or advance a particular modality of orthodontic treatment.
- In countries where an official accrediting agency or commission has recognized a national organization whose controlling members are not exclusively orthodontists, other national organizations whose controlling members are exclusively orthodontists are eligible for WFO affiliation, even if such organizations are not officially recognized by that country’s accrediting agency or commission.
- The national organization must promote and advance standards consistent with the purpose and objectives of this Federation, as determined by the WFO Executive Committee in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Upon verification that all the above requirements have been met, the application for affiliation shall be approved by majority vote of the Executive Committee.
- Once accepted for affiliation with this Federation, such national organizations will be known as WFO-affiliated national organizations.
For suggestions in setting up bylaws for a new organization, please click here to check the suggested template or contact the WFO office to be put in touch with the WFO By-laws Committee.
Applying for Affiliation
The Application for Affiliation with the World Federation of Orthodontists is available below. You can download, view and print the application. After completing the form, please mail or fax your application to the following address:
World Federation of Orthodontists
401 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141-7816, USA