WFO Silver Jubilee 2020
Black and White
The poster created for the 25th Anniversary is available for download
The winner of the WFO 25th Anniversary Logo competition is Dr. Saad Nafaa, a WFO fellow from Jenin City, Palestine.
| Dr. Saad Nafaa|
As part of the celebrations of the Silver Jubilee of the WFO in 2020, the WFO ran a competition to create a logo for this event. In 2020 it was 25 years since the WFO charter was signed on 15th May,1995 in San Francisco.
More than 20 entries were received from across the globe. At the WFO Executive Committee meeting in Shanghai on 18th September, 2017, the entries were shortlisted and then voted on. The winning design is a tooth shape that also resembles a heart symbolizing the love, passion and care with which orthodontists globally have been spreading smiles under the WFO umbrella for the past 25 years.
|Dr. Nafaa celebrating|
World Orthodontic Health Day
The designer of this logo, Dr. Saad Nafaa, trained in Russia, is the current chairman of the Palestinian Orthodontic Society. Designing and volunteering for orthodontic community awareness are his passions. He has said “the more we love and care about our profession and patients, the more we treat patients with love, giving and perfection regardless of generated income”
The WFO Silver Jubilee Logo has been used extensively to promote this important landmark for the World Federation of Orthodontists. Fellows and affiliate societies had been encouraged to use the logo alongside the WFO logo from 2018 through 2020.The Silver Jubilee Logo can be downloaded from the website in both the colour and monochrome versions. Just click on the appropriate image at the top of the page.
The Silver Jubilee Logo is a logo that symbolizes the WFO's Silver Jubilee Celebration reflecting:
- Global Standards of Excellence in Orthodontics
- The WFO: The history, aims and values of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Trusted and Professional services: Orthodontists are generally regarded as one of the most highly trusted healthcare professionals
- A Celebration and commemoration of uniting the orthodontic specialty globally
About the World Federation of Orthodontics
The WFO was formed at the 4th International Orthodontic Congress (IOC) in San Francisco, by 69 affiliated organizations on May 15th,1995. It now has over 9000 WFO fellows and 114 affiliated organizations. It aims to:
- Encourage high standards in orthodontics throughout the world
- Assist in the formation of national associations or societies of orthodontists, when requested
- Assist in the formation of national certifying specialty boards in the field of orthodontics when requested
- Promote orthodontic research
- Disseminate scientific information
- Promote desirable standards of training and certification for orthodontists
- Organize the International Orthodontic Congress once every 5 years