All the information on this website is published in good faith. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of alll the information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is strictly at your own risk.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to these sites. While we strive to provide only links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites and the links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control.
The World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its Website. Below are the policies the WFO has in order to protect your online privacy.
Most data the WFO collects is used primarily to help the WFO better serve our members. If our privacy policies change, the updated version will be posted on this Website.
General Users: The WFO does not collect any personal information from users browsing our Website. Users to the public areas of the WFO's Website browse anonymously. Only aggregate data -- such as the number of views per page – may be collected. Aggregate data is used only for internal and marketing purposes and does not provide any personally identifying information.
WFO Members: To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on the WFO Website, the WFO may collect some or all of the following information:
• Name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, university and graduation year, postgraduate education and graduation year, category of membership, licensure, orthodontic techniques. This allows the WFO to send out membership renewal information and process payments. You may provide us with information on-line, in a telephone conversation, or through a completed printed form. The information you provide will be securely stored either on a computer or as part of a hard-copy filing system.
How Does the WFO Use Data Collected?
The WFO uses information voluntarily submitted by members and other customers in the following ways:
• WFO Member Services and Products. Generally, the WFO uses data collected to improve our Web content and to respond to visitors' interests, needs and preferences.
• Disclosures to Third Parties. The WFO makes member contact information available through the WFO Membership Directory.
• Consent to Use Personal Information. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act(s) of 1984 and 1998 (as applicable), the WFO or its agents must store, host and otherwise process the information (including personal data) supplied by the User when registering for this Website. Users supply consent at the time of application for membership in the WFO.
• Credit Card Account Information. The WFO does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, the WFO submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
How Does the WFO Use “Cookies”?
What Privacy Issues Arise With Links To Other Sites?
This Website contains links to other Websites. The WFO has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
What Means Of Redress Are Available?
If any User suspects that the WFO has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mailing to World Federation of Orthodontists email@example.com or by calling 1-314-993-1700.